Occidentally Mine

A place for me to return and remember after my remembery's shot.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Mexican Is Loose

OK, I'm way past the age where I'm up on modern lingo. My kids pepper their conversation with expressions that need to be translated for me.

So the other night I'm watching "24" with my younger daughter. There's a close-up of an actor who has one of these big middle-aged wattles hanging from his neck. My daughter casually comments, "The Mexican is loose". I've never heard this expression but luckily this time I can figure out what she's talking about from the context. I think it's pretty funny.

At the commercial I ask if she would mind telling me the derivation of the phrase she had used. I get a blank stare in return. "What expression?", she asks. "The Mexican is loose". She gets hysterical. She says, "I said his neck skin is loose!".

We've decided to adopt this expression and see if we can insinuate it into the vernacular.

So if you hear someone say The Mexican is loose, remember, you heard it here first.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 7:43:00 PM, Blogger Cath said...

lol.. Mexican... I like it Occ, I like it a lot.

 
At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That made me chuckle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home