Occidentally Mine

A place for me to return and remember after my remembery's shot.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Part 2

It's about 5am. My next treatment is in about 4 1/2 hours and this will be a long one, 6 or 7 hours as another drug is being added.

After 3 weeks I've finally begun to regain my stamina, sense of taste and sex drive. Shortly to be wiped out again for another 2 weeks.

I've discussed all that's going on with the girls, and despite my insistence that all will be well they are concerned and upset and that makes me feel bad. They're both away at college, the older one graduating next month and I just couldn't show up hairless without prior explanation, so I've been sending them pictures and joking about them. They said I look like Lex Luthor, but I sent them a shot of me with sunglasses so they could see I'm more like Morpheus from The Matrix (except for the part about me being white!). Also, it's better that they hear the truth from me than some sort of uninformed spin from their mother, who sort of knows what's going on, but not really.

They're concerned that I'm alone with no one to look after me and that I have nothing to eat. Fact is I have a wonderful network of friends and family on call 24/7 and I'm only by myself when I want to be.

Anyway, time for a short nap before I have to leave. See you on the other side of today...

2 Comments:

At Thursday, April 06, 2006 2:07:00 AM, Blogger Rob said...

yeah, isn't that fun, when you feel fine you go to hospital, then you leave feeling like that. Not the image you grew up with is it.

 
At Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:30:00 AM, Blogger Occidentally said...

You're right! But at least now I know what to expext (sort of). Went out for a tasty dinner the night before Session 2 and immediately after the session went with a couple of friends for a glass of wine (tho I was already feeling like some nap time was needed) before my taste buds changed. By last evening, taste was off again.

I appreciate your comments, Rob... occ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home